Resume Headlines Generator Tool – Resume Headline Examples
Generate Resume headlines list
Resume headline is one or two lines that will explain a recruiter about your whole resume content. It gives a hint about your resume. So it’s very important for you to put the best resume headlines on your resume.
Purpose of writing a resume headline
A resume tag line or headline is used to tell the recruiter about your resume in 1 or 2 lines. According to research conducted by American researches on recruiting companies, a resume is screened at the most for 6 seconds to get an idea about the job seeker.
In those 6 seconds, your resume headline will play a 40% role in attracting the recruiter’s attention. 26% of the role is played by your skillset and 25% your experience and the remaining 9% by other details.
Most of the time a recruiter scans your resume in the sequence of Profile Name, resume headline, skill set, experience …
So it is very important for a job seeker to put a resume headline in his/her resume.
Just writing a random resume headline will not do the work for you. You should think well and get into the recruiter’s mind on how you will react upon seeing a resume headline you have put on your resume.
Tips for writing resume headlines for job seekers
1. Short resume headlines are always best
Keep the headline as short as you can. It is easy to read short lines and get to the conclusion faster.
2. Add Keywords related to your skills and experience in resume headline
In order to get a quick grasp of your resume mention some important skills and experience in your resume headline. This will make the recruiter dig more information from your resume.
Important Note: Don’t mention nonrelated skills to the job in the resume headline which will hurt your chances of job acquisition.
ATS(Application Tracking System) while also give you a boost if you include related skills and experience in your resume headline.
3. Capitalizing your resume headline will attract recruiters eyes
Keep your resume headline neat and clean. Capitalizing a sentence will make it stand out from the rest of the sentences. This will in turn attract employers to grab attention to resume headlines.
4. Mention your goals related to the job you are applying
An employer always tries to know the goal of the job seeker. If the job seekers’ goal matches the job profile then it will a plus point in getting the job easily.
Ultimately a person who has a goal will always try to do profit the organization. This is the motto most of the employers use in recruiting a candidate for a position in their organization.
So try to write a resume headline that focuses on the company goal is your goal. This will work best for entry-level job seekers, people in training, and fresher’s.
Below you can observe some of the resume headlines/titles with respect to different aspects like focusing skills, focusing experience, and goal-oriented. Depending upon your career you can choose which type of tagline you want to go with. Make sure you go with experience related headline if you have a good experience in your related career.
Skills related resume headlines examples
If you are a fresher and you are trying to get an entry-level job in a reputed organization then you have to go with skills related resume tag lines.
For a fresher, the employer will always try to know what skills he possesses and how well he can do if they recruit him into their company. By mentioning your skills in the tagline you will give the recruiter a good understanding of your resume and skills.
If you have certification in your job-related field then you can also mention your certifications in the tag line as given in the below examples.
- Certified developer in [software].
- [Sales Manager] Well Versed in [Excel] and [Microsoft Access].
- Expertise in developing [SPA applications]
- Skilled professional in [training students at IIT]
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills in [Industry].
Experience focusing resume headlines samples
- Jobseeker with [15 Years] of [accountant] Experience
- [20 years] of in-depth hands-on experience in [software development]
- [5 years] of experience as a team leader who was responsible for [web application development]
- Dedicated and proactive individual with [15+ years] of experience in [human resources and recruiting]
- [10 Years] of Experience in [business marketing]
Goal-oriented resume headlines examples
- Certified [industry] professional willing to promote [organization’s mission/your goal]
- [Business marketing expert] with a goal of increasing organization profits
- [10+ years] of experience in recruiting human resource with a goal of increasing organization standards and profits
All the words mentioned in the square brackets() are placeholders you can replace them with your career-related keywords.
These are the Best Resume Headline examples that grab recruiters’ attention. These strong resume headline examples can be applied to fresher, engineers, accountants, teachers, and experienced job seekers resume profiles.